Sunday, July 19, 2009

Summer

I can't believe that summer is almost over. Seems like I have been busy but I also feel like I have done nothing. I have been doing some sewing. Found a website with a tutorial on making a little girls dress out of an adult's button down shirt. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=170402.0

I bought a couple of large men's button down shirts at the thrift store and have made Sophia a some cute little summer dresses. Did not follow the directions exactly because she wanted to keep the front pockets. So they turned out wider than needed. I made a little pleat and now as she grows I can let it out. And when it's too small for a dress, it can be a cute shirt. I need to take some pictures. They turned out really cute.


Also made us matching dresses. Turned out cute. I think that mine makes me look a little frumpy but it is comfortable and it is really cool for the summer. We wore our dresses to a picnic and I stayed nice a cool the whole time. I was even running around with Sophia flying a kite. So the dress is great for summer.


I have a lot more sewing to do. Trying to use all the material that I have bought over the last couple of years. My goal for the summer was to not buy any clothes for Sophia. She had a lot of pants that fit her fine except in the length so I just cut them off and put a hem in them. Other ones that are too short in the middle I am trying figure out how to make them into skirts and dresses. Her short/pants drawer has no more room. LOL.


Tyler has started to get everything together for his mission. He has his dental clearance, an appointment for medical clearance next month, and then it's interviews. He wants to be able to leave mid October. He is getting really excited and a little nevervous. So am I. But I am very proud of him to be so determined to go. It will be great and scary and great for him.


So I guess I have not done a whole lot but just a bunch of little things. A lot of busy work. :0)

No comments: